The programme provides early interventions and care to children with special education needs in an ordinary kindergarten-cum-child care centre. Children’s learning outcomes will be enhanced through the integration into the mainstream schooling environment with peer interactions.
- Provide trainings and care to children with mild disabilities to effectively enhance their overall development in emotion, muscles, intelligent, language, social and self-care abilities.
- Through active interactions with peers, children with mild disabilities can realize their full potential. They will learn to accept one another.
Time：Follow the schedule of the full day course
Targets：Children with mild disabilities aged two to six years old referred by Central Referral System for Pre-school Rehabilitation Service of Social Welfare Department.
Teachers’ Qualifications：Teachers in the field of special child care and inclusive education will be responsible for assessing, training and supporting children with mild disabilities. They will also promote cooperation between parents and the school.
- Individual Counseling: Regular assessment will be conducted for each child. Teachers will design an Individual Education Plan (IEP) for each child based on the data to specify different learning objectives and programmes.
- Group Counseling：Children will be arranged into different groups to carry out games and learning activities in order to enhance their learning efficiency and interests.
- Counseling in Classroom：Teacher will shadow children in the classroom during activities with a view to promote their participation in the activities and other relevant skills.
- Training at Home：Home exercises will be distributed to each child according to individual needs. Parents can continue the training and recording at home to consolidate children’s learning results.
- On-site Therapist School Supporting Service：A Speech therapist, occupational therapist and physiotherapist carry out assessments for children regularly to assess and provide training suggestions to enhance children’s ability in terms of language, fine and gross motor.
Children have to be referred by Central Referral System for Rehabilitation Service of Social Welfare Department.
Should you wish to withdraw your child from the service, a written notice will be required to be submitted at least 1 month in advance.